Dr Timothy Edney Specialist in ENT Specialist in Head and Neck surgery Specialised training in Head and neck Ultrasound imaging Born in Switzerland in 1973, Dr Edney obtained his medical diploma at the University of Lausanne.
Initial training was in surgery and intensive care in Vevey and Montreux, then in ENT and Head and neck surgery at the Fribourg cantonal Hospital, as a fellow, then at Lausanne University hospital, first as a resident, then as a fellow, training in head and neck cancer surgery and reconstruction techniques, as well as endoscopic ENT, bronchial and oesophageal treatments. In 2011, appointment as head of staff of an ENT and head and neck surgery department, which was declined in order to develop a complete all-round ENT and head and neck activity in Morges.
From 2011, activity is shared between the practice in Morges, the Morges hospital and the university hospital in Lausanne, assuming a clinical teaching and supervision role for residents and fellows.
Training and cursus:
- Medical board certification (1998)
- ENT specialisation (2009)
- Head and neck surgery specialisation (2009)
- Head and Neck ultrasound imaging (2011)
- Part-time staff at the Lausanne university hospital (CHUV)
- Staff at the Morges Hospital (Ensemble Hospitalier de la Côte)
- Accreditation to the Montchoisi, Genolier and Bois-Cerf private clinics.
- Swiss ENT and Head and Neck surgery society (SSORL)
- Swiss medical ultrasound imaging society (SSUM/SGUM)
- Société Vaudoise de Médecine (SVM)
- Swiss medical board (FMH)
- Dr Edney wrote several papers about:
- Functional surgery for throat cancers
- Outcome of surgery after radiotherapy for ENT cancers
- Bronchial endoscopic treatments
Field of activity:
- Surgery of salivary glands
- Functional ear surgery
- Investigation and treatment of vertigo
- Surgery for cysts, infections and neck cancers
- Functional vocal cord surgery
- Investigation and treatments for snoring and sleep apnea disorders
- Septum and functional sinus surgery
- Oesophageal and bronchial endoscopic investigation and treatment
French, English, German, Norwegian