Dr Roland de Goumoëns FMH*, ENT (ear, nose and throat) and head and neck surgery specialist.
Born in Switzerland in 1944, Dr de Goumoëns obtained his medical diploma at the University of Geneva.
His cursus took him on to the Massachussetts Eye and Ear Infirmary (USA, a Harvard medical school affiliate) and the University of Anvers (Belgium) in the run up to his specialisation.
Education & licensure:
- Medical school (1970)
- MD (1976)
- Specialisation in ENT and head and neck surgery (1977)
Dr de Goumoëns headed the ENT unit of the University of Geneva before being appointed Senior registrar of the ENT ward at Morges Hospital (Switzerland), a position which he held for thirty years. Today, he continues to teach at the University of Geneva’s Faculty of Medicine.
- Société Suisse d’ORL et de chirurgie cervico- faciale (SSORL).
Publications & media
- Dr de Goumoëns has published several papers on the:
- Surgical treatment of Menière’s disease – parotid gland
- Surgery of ear deformations
- Surgery on tumors of the internal ear
- Surgical treatment of Menière’s disease – parotid gland BAHA (bone anchored hearing aid); a surgically implantable system for treatment of hearing loss which works through direct bone conduction.
- Functional ear surgery
- Treatment for vertigo
- Cervico-facial and salivary gland surgery
- Functional surgery for voice disorders
- Surgery for respiratory problems
- Treatment of snoring disease
Spoken languages French, English and Italian.
* Helveticorum – the Swiss medical corps’s professional association. Foederatio Medicorum